Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Women's eNews Cartoon: Sotomayor8:30 AM 0 Comments Links to this post
Madame Vice President8:29 AM 1 Comments Links to this post
Cartoon: The Recovery in Action8:27 AM 0 Comments Links to this post
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Domestic Violence is a Pre-Existing Condition?!12:07 AM 1 Comments Links to this post
Cartoon: Leave Caster Semenya Alone!
Click to enlarge
Seriously, screw gender testing, and screw those IAAF jerks telling this world champion runner she's not a real woman. The only reason she was tested was because she didn't match some visual standard of European femininity. I'm not sure how much to trust the media on any of this, but I read reports today that she is "shattered" by the humiliation of the gender testing and possibly on suicide watch.
More reading and background on this:
- "An Intersex Perspective on Caster Semenya"
- Feministe: "Caster Semenya Case Opening Old Wounds"
- Feministe: Essentialism, gender and Caster Semenya
- The Root: "Caster Semenya's Race and Sex Struggle
- Feministing: South African Runner's Makeover
(Thanks to the Transadvocate feed for many of these links).