Mikhaela in Celebrity Auction: Win Your Yucky Body!
Oh, and Alison Bechdel and Katha Pollitt and other folks are donating prizes, too.
One of my original cartoons is part of an eBay auction (ending Dec. 5) to benefit the awesome Center for New Words in Cambridge, MA (an organization that holds an annual convention on Women and the Media that always features a cartooning panel). The winner gets to choose one of four original cartoons, such as Your Yucky Body or Conservative Children's Classics, and you also get a lovely archival color print to go with your original.
And if you don't win my cartoon, you can always buy one directly from me for that special holiday gift--they generally go for about $160 and always include an archival color print. Here's an example of what one of the originals in the auction looks like. Hint, hint.
- Other cartooning prizes up for bid:
- Legendary cartoonist JENNIFER CAMPER designs your tattoo
- Original art from an ALISON BECHDEL strip
- Notable non-cartooning related items on the block:
- MICHELLE TEA reads your tarot cards
- Go to a movie with Bitch co-founder LISA JERVIS
- A signed limited edition broadside from MARGARET ATWOOD
- DOROTHY ALLISON records your outgoing voicemail message
- KATHA POLLITT edits your manuscript
- Novelist THISBE NISSEN names a character in her next book after you
- Former Head Writer for Six Feet Under JILL SOLOWAY edits your script
Here's the link to all the auctions. Bid early and often!